Alvin E. Nix, Jr., P.C.
A highly experienced attorney in Laconia, New Hampshire

Legal Advice For Creating And Running Your Business

Alvin Nix

It’s been your dream — having your own business. But being in business, whether you are a sole proprietor or a business with partners and employees, will put you in contact with a multitude of local, state and federal laws.

There are business formation, taxation, contracting, purchase and sales agreements to employment matters to deal with. Phew! You didn’t want to be an attorney. You want to run your business. Alvin E. Nix, Jr., P.C., can help you decide what form of business you want to be, what effect the tax and liability laws will have on your business, what language will make your contracts stronger, what is the most advantageous way to sell your business, how to navigate employment laws and much more.

So wouldn’t you rather engage the services of a lawyer with over 26 years of practice in the area of business law? Whether you are creating, buying, selling or conducting your business, Alvin E. Nix, Jr., P.C. can help.

  • Business formations
  • Small business advice
  • LLC formation
  • S corporation formation
  • “Doing Business As” formation
  • Sales and purchases of businesses
  • Dissolution
  • Business disputes
  • Contracts
  • Litigation

What Is An S Corporation?

Also called an “S corp,” this is a type of business corporation. It is a tax election through the IRS that can have advantages for some businesses. In some cases, a change in status for your LLC to an S corp means you can avoid double taxation of your business and your shareholders.

But there also are cons. As your lawyer, I can give you a good idea of your legal options and the benefits of each.

For Commonsense Lawyering With Tomorrow’s Ideas, Call Me

Contact me, attorney Al Nix of Alvin E. Nix, Jr., P.C., at 603-524-6834 for your business law issue. If you prefer, send me an email. I serve individuals in Belknap County and surrounding counties, with my office located in Laconia, New Hampshire.